email: steverichey”\at\”pm.me tel: [ask]
Legacy software maintenance, mobile software development (iOS and Android), augmented reality, machine learning, and computer vision. I am a voracious learner always seeking a new challenge.
- Fortune 500 Financial Services Client
- Build pipeline migration, dependency updates, and vulnerability remediation
- National Health Care Services Client
- Git integration, automating deployments, consultation on build pipelines
- Lead developer of cross-platform mobile efforts, providing SaaS white-labeled mobile learning applications to Fortune 500 clients
- Devops improvement to support continuous integration, testing, and deployment of dozens of applications from a shared codebase
- Architecting, feature development, bug triage, and sprint planning
- Developed a ground-up implementation of computer vision on iOS using neural networks trained in TensorFlow and integrated with augmented reality for product recognition, including development of the training pipeline and iOS library
- Architectural design of methods to distribute new models and retrain using new images captured by users to achieve high levels of real-world prediction accuracy
- Experience with iOS APIs including SceneKit, ARKit, CoreML, and more, with a focus on real-time product recognition and integration with existing order and inventory solution
- Lead developer of an application for Android Tango devices, converting depth camera sensor data into navigation assistance for people with vision impairments
- Applied for and was granted funding as part of Google’s incubator for augmented reality projects using Tango technology
- Work with potential customers to identify needs and develop an application that provides visual and auditory cues for obstructions, trip and head bump hazards
- Attended multiple conferences to meet with potential clients and explain technical solutions, including unglamorous booth work
- Independently developed bespoke AR solutions for clients in many industries
- Gave talks relating to ongoing work, including work in eLearning, augmented reality, machine learning, computer vision, and more
- Wearable tech expert (aka weachspert)
- Engineering Watch Supervisor, 2007-2008
- Directly supervised 10 naval personnel during critical operations of the ship’s nuclear power plant
- Designed training procedures and presentations to train new employees
- Three Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medals
- Secret security clearance
- Nuclear Technician - Electrical Operator, 2001-2007
- Responsible for the control of the ship’s generators in response to emergencies
- Radioactive material training on preventative safety, handling, and emergencies
- Operation and timely repair of complex equipment
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Illinois State University
- Bachelor of Science in Renewable Energy
- Illinois State University
- Summa cum laude graduate with honors
- Minor in economics
Languages and Frameworks
- Novice (2+ years): Haxe, TypeScript, Apache Cordova, Ruby
- Rookie (<1 year): Rust, Elm, ReasonML, CQL. React
Utilizing Presence in Augmented‐Reality Applications to Improve Learning Outcomes. Performance Improvement, Volume 57, Issue 4 (2018).
The Automated Workplace: Between AI and Human Understanding. Peoria Magazine, Interbusiness Issues, October (2017).
Utilizing Student Preferences to Improve Payback Periods for Energy Efficiency Upgrades to Apartment Renovations. Poster presentation at the Associated Schools of Construction International Conference. Co-writer: Dr. Richard Boser, Professor & Chair, Department of Technology, Illinois State University (2012).
Analyzing the Impact of Shading on Photovoltaic Arrays to Optimize System Effectiveness. Presented at the 6th Annual Green Energy Conference. Co-writers: Dr. Jin Ho Jo, Associate Director, and Dr. David Kennell, Associate Director, Center for Renewable Energy, Department of Technology, Illinois State University (2011).
Visual Product Identification. Pub. No. US 2021/0407109. With: Quentin T. Young, James Raymond Ferolo, Chad E. Udell. Maui Jim, Inc. (2021)
Code is Communication. MenderCon. 2022.
The Business Case for AI-backed AR and Lessons Learned in Building It. Realities 360. (2019).
Leveraging Computer Vision for Superior Performance Support Solutions. Realities 360. (2018).
Designing and Building Meaningful Augmented Reality Interactions. Realities 360. (2017).
Enterprise-Grade AR for Operational Environments: A Postmortem. Unity Vision VR/AR Summit. 2016.